I was born in Melbourne but have given up claiming it as the reason I am genetically predisposed to being cool, and now claim Canberra as my home. I finished my Bachelor of Writing at the University of Canberra in 2014. I have also been on an exchange trip to Oxford University in the UK. I often get asked what I write but the nuisances of feminist politics and doomed relationships are not so easily summed up. But they are nevertheless, my undying focus. I can say that I write fiction and non-fiction but never poetry. My work has been published by the Capital Letters, Curio and Lip.
So what the hell have I done with myself?
- Volunteer writer/editor for M16 Art Space – August 2015
- Volunteer for the Belconnen Art Centre – August 2015
- Manuscript Assessor for the ACT Writers Centre – July 2015
- Part of the Grapple Annual (no.2) editing team 2014/2015
- Approached to take part in an interview about the story I submitted to the Writers Bloc, for their pod cast -2014.
- Writer of the Stars for Verity La/occasional reviewer – 2014 (ongoing)
- A resident of the Project Space program – 2014
- Volunteer in a research project focused on how creative writing students go about seeking writing related opportunities- 2014
- Interviewed about being an emerging writer in the Canberra region by Scissors Paper Pen as part of 2xx radio -2014
- Bachelor of (Creative) Writing, University of Canberra – 2010-2014.
- Volunteer turn employee for The ACT Writers Centre/occasional blogger/consulted on the logo design of the HARDCOPY program logo, 2013-14
- Volunteer for the ANU Women’s Collective 2013/14
- Blogger for “Pepe’s Favourite Things” section of the Pepe’s Paperie website – 2013
- Semester exchange, Australian National University: Literature of the 20th Century & Introduction to Gender Studies – 2012
- Oxford Summer School – Advanced Creative Writing – June 2012
- Volunteered – The Invisible Thread Book Launch – 2012
- 1 year of Graphic Design, University of Canberra -2009
Get to know me further: